About this course
Business writing, meet copywriting psychology
Get it Write™ is the product of 12+ years corporate training in Australia and the Asia-Pacific, and 20 years copywriting experience.
In that time, we've analysed over 8000 corporate writing samples, and seen very clear patterns. We know what you're doing wrong, and what you're not doing, but could, to seriously boost your results!
This is a principle-based course. That allows you to apply the principles to a wide variety of business-writing tasks:
- Board and executive papers
- Policies and procedures
- And more
Being principle-based also means you'll be able to apply the comms insights you learn (e.g. how to get attention, engage, motivate and more) beyond the page, in your meetings, presentations, pitches and more. This is really a course in communications psychology and leadership, not just writing.
Get it Write™ will increase your confidence as a writer and all-round communicator. You'll learn the essentials of high-quality business writing, including how to write faster, write better, and look more professional.
Who is this course for?
Get it Write™ is for everyone who writes important messages at work. If you need to efficiently create or edit easy-to-read, high-quality, engaging documents and emails, this is for you.
By the end of this course you'll be able to:
- confidently tackle most business-writing tasks
- apply a selection of powerful writing tools to ensure your emails, proposals, reports and more are concise, engaging and professional -- and more persuasive
- understand all critical business-writing concepts
- improve your writing performance at work.
Workshop topics include how to:
- Write professionally and respectfully for different readers
- Adjust your tone to suit your audience and message
- Identify the right language, length and style to boost engagement
- Brainstorm quality content quickly
- Write factual, informational content, e.g., emails, reports, instructions and procedures
- Write concisely and clearly
- Persuade people through your writing; get ‘yes’ more often
- Structure large documents
- Get attention with ‘read-me!’ subject headers, headlines and subheads
- Use the ‘active voice’ to get more impact
- Look professional with correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use layout and formatting to catch skim readers, and make your content fast and easy to absorb
- Edit and proofread for content, style and correctness.
- Six hours of highly engaging video training focused on boosting your results at work
- 100-page, full-colour reference manual* (hardcopy) rich with proven writing ideas, principles and techniques
- 30 days' access to Credosity, our powerful business-writing add-in for Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ample practical, real-world exercises to apply your new skills.
* When you sign up, please add a physical address so we can post your hardcopy course manual to you. It's an A4 parcel; keep an eye out for it!
Invite a 'study buddy' for free
If you can find a friend or colleague who'd like to do the training with you, they can attend for free. The idea is that you're more likely to finish the course if you do it with a friend. That would also let you discuss issues together. Click this link for instructions on how to activate this deal.
Your course instructor is corporate communications expert Paul Jones.
Through his keynotes, masterclasses and webinars, his principles have inspired thousands of people to:
- engage their readers
- persuade them
- build credibility
- communicate quickly and clearly.
He's helped CXO teams through to graduates change how they write, think and lead at work.
His blue-chip client list includes NAB, Westpac, BHP, Optus, IBM and Clayton Utz.
'The team was very impressed by the course, the content and Paul. They're a difficult bunch to impress, so please take this as a compliment of the highest order. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Paul and Magneto.'
-- Group Finance & Corporate Affairs, Suncorp
Paul's engaging, interactive approach makes his courses fun, fascinating and effective. It's why thousands of people have finished his training and couldn't wait to go back to work and write.
Business writing ... fun? Yep. His enthusiasm for communications, psychology and human behaviour is contagious. It results in rich training, with frequent stories, many before/after examples and memorable insights.
Phone +61 1300 658 580