About this course
Coming soon! Our new, updated course will be ready by end of February 2019.
Pre-order now to lock in the discounted price of $225. Once released, the price will increase to $295.
Business writing, meet copywriting psychology
Get it Write™ is the product of 12+ years corporate training in Australia and the Asia-Pacific, and 20 years copywriting experience.
In that time, we've analysed over 10,000 corporate writing samples, and seen very clear patterns. We know what you're doing wrong, and what you're not doing, but could, to seriously boost your results!
This is a principle-based course. That allows you to apply the principles to a wide variety of business-writing tasks:
- Board and executive papers
- Policies and procedures
- And more
Being principle-based also lets you apply the comms insights you learn (e.g. how to get attention, engage, motivate and more) beyond the page, in your meetings, presentations, pitches and more. This is really a course in communications psychology and leadership, not just writing.
Get it Write™ will increase your confidence as a writer and all-round communicator. You'll learn the essentials of high-quality communication, including how to write faster, better, and look more professional -- all of which can dramatically boost your effectiveness at work.
Who is this course for?
Get it Write™ is for everyone who writes important messages at work. If you need to efficiently create or edit easy-to-read, high-quality, engaging documents and emails, this is for you.
By the end of this course you'll be able to:
- confidently tackle most business-writing tasks
- apply a selection of powerful writing tools to ensure your emails, proposals, reports and more are concise, engaging and professional -- and more persuasive
- understand all critical business-writing concepts
- improve your writing performance at work.
Workshop topics include how to:
- Write professionally and respectfully for different readers
- Adjust your tone to suit your audience and message
- Identify the right language, length and style to boost engagement
- Brainstorm quality content quickly
- Write factual, informational content, e.g., emails, reports, instructions and procedures
- Write concisely and clearly
- Persuade people through your writing; get ‘yes’ more often
- Structure large documents
- Get attention with ‘read-me!’ subject headers, headlines and subheads
- Use the ‘active voice’ to get more impact
- Look professional with correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use layout and formatting to catch skim readers, and make your content fast and easy to absorb
- Edit and proofread for content, style and correctness.
- Five hours of highly engaging video training focused on boosting your results at work
- Comprehensive, full-colour reference manual rich with proven writing ideas, principles and techniques
- Access to Credosity, our powerful, online, business-writing tool. It helps measure the behavioural change. It's also an excellent way to help embed your training.
- Ample practical, real-world exercises to apply your new skills.
POWER TIP: Invite a 'study buddy'
If you can find a friend or colleague who'd like to do the training with you, you're both much more likely to finish the course. It also lets you discuss issues together, deepening your learning.
Your course instructor is corporate communications expert Paul Jones.
Through his keynotes, masterclasses and webinars, his principles have inspired thousands of people to:
- engage their readers
- persuade them
- build credibility
- communicate quickly and clearly.
He's helped CXO teams through to graduates change how they write, think and lead at work.
His blue-chip client list includes NAB, Westpac, BHP, Optus, IBM and Clayton Utz.
'The team was very impressed by the course, the content and Paul. They're a difficult bunch to impress, so please take this as a compliment of the highest order. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Paul and Magneto to others wanting a professional writing course.'
-- Group Finance & Corporate Affairs, Suncorp
Paul's engaging, interactive approach makes his courses fun, fascinating and effective. It's why thousands of people have finished his training and couldn't wait to go back to work and write.
Business writing ... fun? Yep. His enthusiasm for communications, psychology and human behaviour is contagious. It results in rich training, with frequent stories, many before/after examples and memorable insights.